The Episcopal Diocese of Colorado is a member of the Colorado Council of Churches. The goal of the CCC is summarized on it’s website as: “While acknowledging our differences in scriptural interpretations, theological understandings, doctrinal positions, beliefs and practices, we solemnly agree to respect each others’ unique convictions. We will make ourselves open to mutual dialogue, education and insight as we discern God’s will for the Body as one united and uniting fellowship. We affirm that our unity is in Christ, not in our human agreement.
As we face the ever- changing landscape of the world and our society and seek to meet present and emerging needs, we pledge to:
• “do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with our God”;
• allow our multiple voices to be expressed as we also seek to speak to one another and to the world with a unified voice, grounded in the Spirit of God;
• respond to the many and diverse voices we have heard who call out for housing that is affordable, food that is nutritious, water that is clean, healthcare that is accessible, and to listen for and respond to the voices who have yet to speak or be heard;
• be a voice for the voiceless of future generations and of other species, and on their behalf to call for a just and sustainable society, with responsible stewardship of Earth’s resources;
• work to ensure that ALL humans, created in the image of God, are treated with dignity, mutual respect and full equality;
• Give witness of God’s unifying and inclusive love to a society that is divided and all too often exclusive.”
The CCC has a calendar of events that can provide a unique opportunity to volunteer and work with a greater community of faith to serve fellow Coloradans and walk in the ways of Christ.
Find more information in the Colorado Council of Churches Newsletter.